Our hair is the most attractive part of our body. We generally love our hair so much. We can change our overall look just by changing our hairstyle. If we are having beautiful and healthy hair, it allows us to look our best and ensure that our hair and scalp are healthy.
Nowadays, many people are suffering from various hair problems such as dandruff, hair fall, split ends, rough hair, alopecia, etc. These hair problems can be the result of many situations like heredity, hormonal changes, stress, and medical condition and after a certain age, problems related to hair start to trigger you. There is also a cause of many hair-related issues that have arisen in recent years and it is pollution. Different kinds of pollution such as air pollution, and water pollution damages our hair frequently and lead us to hair-related issues. Ayurvedic treatment for hair fall is the safest and most effective treatment to combat hair problems.
Healthy hair is not only important for our appearance but for our overall health and hygiene. The look and overall well-being of our hair are very important for many people and it has a significant impact on our self-confidence. According to a survey, 88% of women say that hair symbolically boosted their confidence or simply said that their hair is related to their self-confidence. It is very important to maintain hygiene for our hair otherwise it will lead you to other health problems.
What are the common causes of hair fall?
Hair fall is a common condition that each of us experiences every day. It is very typically common to lose 50 to 100 hair per day. As we have more than 1 lakh hairs on our head, that small loss of our hair is not noticeable at all. We should worry about hair fall when our hair starts falling more than usual. As the cycle of hair fall and hair loss rotates simultaneously, our new hair will grow and replace the lost hair, but sometimes this doesn’t happen.
Here are many reasons behind hair loss. We also discussed some causes in brief earlier. But, now we’ll discuss about those causes in detail:-
Androgenetic alopecia – It is the most common cause of hair fall, affecting up to 50% of people. It generally belongs to hereditary hair loss. The male and female pattern of hair loss is genetic. In the female pattern of hair loss, their hair tends to get thinner from all over the head while males tend to lose hair from the temples and crown of the head.
Androgenetic alopecia is more likely to happen when you grow older and sometimes it starts to affect you after you hit puberty.
- Alopecia areata – It is an autoimmune condition that causes your immune system to attack your hair follicles that is resulted out to be a sudden hair loss. It attacks hair follicles from the scalp, as well as eyebrows, eyelashes, and other parts of the body.
- Anagen effluvium – This condition involves the rapid loss of hair from the head, eyebrows, eyelashes, and other parts of the body. The condition happens due to chemotherapy, radiation, fungal infections, and autoimmune disease. Your hair will usually regrow after the 6 months of stopping the above therapies.
- Telogen effluvium – It is a condition that results from a physical or emotional traumatic situation in which moreover of your hair will fall suddenly. These traumatic events may include severe stress, surgery, childbirth, rapid weight loss, thyroid problems, certain medications, birth control pills, menopause, malnutrition, and pregnancy, etc. You will recover from this condition over a period of time on your own.
- Tinea capitis – It is also known as ringworm, is a fungal infection that can cause small bald patches that are scaly and itchy. These patches get bigger with time. In this condition, your hair becomes brittle and breaks easily. Usually, this condition will heal by itself, but if it doesn’t get done, then it will get treated with an anti-fungal medication.
- Traction alopecia – This condition occurs when you put too much pressure on your hair or by pulling your hair to make tight hairstyles such as tight ponytails, high buns, braids, cornrows, extensions, etc. It causes loose hair that breaks down easily. If this condition continues, you may develop bald spots and thinning of the hair.
- Pregnancy – Many women experience excessive hair loss just after giving birth. Maybe this is due to the shortness of estrogen levels and nutritional deficiencies such as protein, vitamin, iron, zinc, or biotin. This type of condition is temporary in terms of hair loss and it may resolve within some time.
Above are some of the most common causes of hair fall. You should seek medical help if you experience hair loss from some of the above conditions. To figure out the condition, you should consult with your doctor. Ayurvedic way to stop hair fall is the best way to fight hair problems.
How does hair loss affect a person?
Hair loss affects a person in many ways. According to research, it is proven that an experience of hair loss causes psychological and intense emotional suffering. It may also lead to daily social, personal, and work-life related problems. The loss of hair changes a person’s looks which may define a person’s personality. You may know, hair loss also affects a person’s eyelashes or eyebrows that actually give a shape to a person’s face.
The relationship between hair loss and psychological consequences are interrelated to each other. If a person is experiencing hair fall, it may cause a stressful event or some bad experiences in his life and it leads to further distress, anxiety, and depression. According to a survey, women who experience higher stress levels are 11 times more likely to suffer from hair loss as compared to women who generally do not have higher stress levels.
So, it’s very important to seek medical help if symptoms of anxiety and depression show up, cuz it will further lead you to hair loss.
Can Ayurveda regrow hair lost?
Many of us have this question in our minds and we keep thinking about it. But, it’s actually true. Ayurveda has the potential to regrow lost hair and cure hair thinning. Ayurvedic treatment for hair loss and regrowth is the natural way to cure the problem of hair loss and you can regrow your hair. As Ayurveda says that hair loss and other problems related to hair occur due to imbalance in your doshas. Thus, Ayurveda focuses on those factors which cause disturbance in our doshas and tries to balance them naturally. Ayurvedic herbs have those rasayanas in the composition of their therapies and ingredients which reverses hair thinning and balances out your doshas.
Ayurveda is an ancient medical science that has been practiced for over 5000 years ago. It identified the relationship between our body and natural elements such as wind, air, water, fire, earth, and water. Ayurveda also says that there are three predominant doshas known as Vata, Pitta, and Kapha. We human beings are a combination of these doshas and one or two doshas are dominant in each person. Each dosha influences a person’s internal organs, psyche, emotions, behaviours, and overall personality. Ayurveda has a belief that the imbalance in dosha cause illness. These imbalances can affect various parts of our body, including hair, like how well it grows.
In India, Ayurveda has been practised on one’s self since a child is born. When a child is born, his mother or grandmother used to pamper him/her with oily, herbal head massages. It is included in our tradition too and it is widely tried and trusted that it leads your hair to be thick, shiny, lustrous, and healthy. Ayurveda definitely has the power to regrow your hair if you follow the ayurvedic hair care remedies to get hair growth and shiny hair.
How dosha is responsible for hairfall?
As we discussed in the above section, Ayurveda truly believed that any sort of illness causes imbalance in our doshas. So, here the question arises which dosha is responsible for Hairfall?
I will give you answers to all of your questions, just have some patience and continue reading the blog.
According to Ayurveda, Pitta dosha is generally related to hair fall and hair growth. Pitta is among the three bodily energies that is a combination of fire and water elements. This dosha is primarily responsible for metabolism, digestion, and transformation within the body. It increases the heat in the body obviously, it is associated with fire, and as it produces heat within our body, it is the hottest dosha that exists in our body.
Pitta dosha is responsible for managing metabolic activity in the hair and the body. When pitta gets imbalanced in our body, it can lead to excessive sweating, indigestion and excessive heat develops in our body. The imbalanced pitta dosha causes our hair follicles to heat up and affects our hair health. Hair fall caused by higher stress levels happens in a similar manner.
All of these factors affect our hair health and lead to many health problems such as premature greying of hair, thinning of hair, and even balding in the body. Ayurveda says that balancing your pitta dosha by cooling it down may lead to hair loss prevention, regrow your hair, and will improve hair quality. Here, I’ll tell you everything that you need to know about how to balance Pitta dosha naturally.
Ayurvedic home remedies for hair fall and re-growth
We can control our hair fall and regrow our hair by only balancing out Pitta dosha in our body. There can be many reasons behind our elevated pitta dosha but Ayurveda says a well-functioning body system is needed to control hair fall. So, we need to focus on the overall well-being of our body. We first need to tackle the major cause behind hair fall and for that, we need to cleanse the system to balance out the doshas. Here, the ayurvedic treatment for hair loss and regrowth was found to be the most effective one. I’ll tell you the best and most natural Ayurvedic home remedies for hair fall that will help you a lot.
- Amla – Amla is a natural immunity booster and the most preferred ingredient for maintaining and improving our hair health. It contains an adequate amount of Vitamin C that increases the quantity of antioxidants in our body. It also has anti-viral and anti-fungal properties that prevent dandruff and ensures the improvement in scalp health. Amla for hair is so beneficial as it purifies the blood and protects our hair from premature greying.
- Bhringraj – Bhringraj for hair growth is widely popular. It has many benefits for hair health. It is an excellent ingredient for stress-induced hair loss as it cools down the head, and reduces stress, anxiety, and nervousness. It is said to promote hair growth, repair hair damage, and prevent dandruff, hair loss, and greying of hair.
- Shikakai – Shikakai is rich in cleansing properties, thus it helps in removing dirt and impurities from the scalp and promotes hair growth, and prevents dandruff and other health-related problems. It is a cooling agent that soothes our scalp and is also helpful in balancing out our Pitta dosha in the body. It is widely known as the “fruit for hair.”
- Reetha – The primary role of reetha is to control hair fall by removing dandruff and dust particles from the scalp. In today’s times, dandruff and impurities are the main cause of hair loss. Reetha strengthens and promotes hair growth as well. Reetha for hair is very useful.
- Coconut oil – Coconut oil may have several benefits for hair and scalp health. It nourishes hair as well as moisturizes your hair. It is the best oil for repairing your damaged and dry hair. Using it before shampooing your hair, it will work as a conditioner. Apart from coconut oil, coconut milk is also good for hair growth.
- Shirodhara – Ayurvedic therapies are also playing an important role in increasing hair growth. In Shirodhara, warm and herbal oils are poured on a person’s head, and then a massage is conducted by a trained therapist. It increases circulation of blood flow and leads to better hair growth. It is one of the most effective ayurvedic remedies for hair loss.
- Shiro Abhyanga – This Ayurvedic therapy is a combination of Shirodhara and Abhyanga. This ayurvedic procedure is performed by pouring herbal oils onto your scalp, forehead, and neck. This massage therapy nourishes your hair follicles, scalp, and other sensory organs and soothes your mind, and keeps you happy. It has a plethora of health benefits such as it prevents hair loss, premature greying of hair, and dandruff. This is one of the Ayurvedic treatments for hair growth that is widely popular.
- Nasya – In Nasya therapy, herbal medicated oils are taken through the nostrils, and it reaches through the membrane of the brain. These oils soothe the nerve ends that connect with the scalp and the brain. Therefore, it helps in improving the hair follicles of the head. The strengthened hair follicles result in less hair fall. This is the perfect Ayurvedic solution for hair fall.
Above are some of the best ayurvedic remedies for hair fall that not only prevents hair fall but nourishes your hair and scalp as well. You can apply these Ayurvedic remedies to your hair without any worries and see the results by yourself.
What diets affect hair loss?
It is very unclear that diets may affect our hair growth and may lead to excessive hair loss. But Ayurveda says a different thing, it says that those foods that are responsible for increasing Pitta dosha in the body are equally more harmful to our hair growth than other substances. Pitta is said to cause hair loss by overeating the hair follicles and is often attributed to excessive stress. As Pitta dosha is associated with fire, it simply means that those foods are responsible for hair loss which are generating more heat in our body.
First of all, we need to focus on controlling the Pitta dosha in our body. And for this, we strictly need to limit hot, spicy, fermented, salty, oily, and fried foods. Eating excessive quantities of unhealthy foods and insufficient amounts of nutritious foods may worsen hair loss. A review of 24 studies suggested that eating an inflammatory diet may affect hair growth. Here, I’ll tell you everything that you need to know about foods to avoid hair loss.
- Dairy foods – You may have heard that milk protein works substantially well when it comes to preserving health. But dairy products contain a certain amount of fat in them and fat increases the testosterone levels in the body. High glycemic foods tend to increase testosterone secretion. This is one of the reasons behind hair fall that affected quite a few people in the world.
- Sugar – Firstly, Sugar also increases the testosterone levels in our blood. And secondly, it badly affects your blood circulation. If it happens, then the nutrients that flow within our blood, will not reach way up to our hair follicles and your blood too. Due to excess sugar intake, you may experience scalp inflammation in which you will discover a very cold scalp due to poor blood circulation. Reduce sugar from your diet to control hair fall.
- Refined carbs – These refined carbohydrates are the most dangerous foods for your hair growth. It includes foods like pasta, pizza, cakes, breads, etc., and other refined carbs that block your defences against stress. If you are experiencing stress-induced hair loss, then you should avoid these foods first.
- Nuts – You may have been thinking about how nuts can lead us to hair loss. Actually, some people are allergic to nuts and develop a reaction after eating them. The delayed reaction of the nuts may get you in trouble. It may result in a receding hairline. So, it’s probably a great idea to get tested for any such allergies.
- Swordfish – It falls in the category of seafood and seafoods are a rich source of protein but the fact is, these foods also contain high amounts of mercury in it. And mercury is one of the major causes of hair fall. What happens is that mercury interacts with the other minerals of the body. When it interacts with zinc, it leads to zinc deficiency. Zinc is an important mineral that promotes hair growth and its deficiency leads to hair fall issues.
- Greasy food – As you probably know, our scalp releases an oily substance known as sebum. The sebum provides moisture to the scalp as well as to your hair. When you eat too much greasy foods, the sebum also tends to get greasy. This causes your hair to look a bit greasy and limp. It makes it difficult for your hair to grow, which further causes the hair to fall. So, reduce greasy foods from your diet to stop hair fall.
- Carbonated drinks – Carbonated drinks are quite harmful to our hair health. They interact with the insulin in the blood and make it less responsive to sugar. This leads to increased sugar in our body and further leads to poor circulation of blood. It further restricts the nutrients supply to our hair follicles and is considered to be damaging our hair.
- Alcohol – Alcohol is not good for your hair health. Firstly, It makes your hair frizzy, dry, and brittle. If your hair type is already dry, then it dehydrates your hair and leads to damage. Secondly, it diminishes the zinc levels in our body, and zinc is a pretty much-needed element to restore hair growth and prevent hair loss.
Your diet mainly affects your hair health. The food you eat basically reflects how your hair is to be. If you are having too much foods that are mentioned above then it may badly affect your hair health and further lead to hair loss. The best hair care tip for healthy hair is to eat hair fall control foods. Ayurvedic remedies for hair fall are the best way to combat hair loss issues.
Prefect hair care daily routine
Our hair is a reflection of our diet and unhealthy lifestyle habits. That’s why Ayurveda says that it is very important to follow an ayurvedic hair care regimen to maintain our hair health. As we earlier established that Ayurvedic therapies to stop hair fall are the most effective ones to treat hair loss problems. In this section of the blog, we will discuss the best hair care routine for healthy hair. Let’s discuss it in an easy manner so that you can adopt it in your daily life.
Primarily, you have to find out your hair type. According to Ayurveda, there are three vital energies that enable other bodily functions. Each person is a combination of two predominant doshas and this will further determine your hair type and hair health. After finding it out, you are the person who knows what is best for your hair.
For example, Vata hair tends to be thin, straight hair with a higher capacity to retain moisture. If Vata gets elevated in your body, it will result in dry and frizzy hair and it further leads to split ends and hair loss. If your hair type is Vata hair, then you should keep your hair hydrated.
Pitta hair would be wavy with a medium thickness. And when Pitta gets imbalanced, then it will lead to premature greying of hair, clogged hair follicles, scalp inflammation, redness, and hair loss. Kapha hair tends to be thick, lustrous, and curly hair. An imbalance in Kapha results in oily dandruff with a greasy scalp and further leads to itching and hair fall etc. You can identify your type of hair with the help of an Ayurvedic practitioner.
After ensuring what your hair type is, you should choose your hair care products such as oil, shampoo, and conditioner according to your hair type. You have to choose these products that work on your aggravated dosha levels. Choosing the wrong hair care products may worsen your hair health.
Secondly, you have to keep your hair hydrated and moisturise your hair and for this, you need to oil your scalp and hair. Ayurvedic oils strongly promote healthy, strong, and lustrous hair by nourishing them as they have medical properties. You can choose oil and fix the frequency of oiling based on your hair type.
Thirdly, you have to wash your hair regularly. It is really very important, if you don’t cleanse your hair regularly then, your hair follicles get clogged with unwanted dirt, excess oils, and grime. To protect your hair from getting damaged by dirt and other impurities, you need to wash your hair using lukewarm water twice or thrice a week. As per Ayurveda, you should wash your hair with a mild shampoo that contains ayurvedic herbs like reetha and Shikakaii, etc.
Fourthly, you should condition your hair with hair masks such as Shirolepa and with other ayurvedic remedies. It will not only nourish but also deeply condition your scalp and hair. You should apply these hair masks once a week to maintain your hair health. The best thing is it also combats major hair loss factors such as stress and anxiety by soothing your scalp and hair. Keep the hair mask for at least half an hour and rinse it off with water, and don’t forget to apply it from roots to hair tips.
Fifth, combing is the best way to detangle your hair and enhance blood circulation on your scalp. But, you should comb your hair in a proper manner. Combing your hair in a harsh way can damage your hair and further cause split ends and may lead to hair breakage. Ayurveda suggests you should use a wooden blunt-toothed comb and wash your comb regularly to avoid dirt accumulation.
Sixth, at this point, I have a bunch of hair care tips for you. You should trim your hair every 6 months to eliminate split ends. If you don’t do that, your hair will look rough from the ends. You should not use those products which contain harsh chemical elements in them. Instead of using these products, use Ayurvedic products with natural herbal ingredients. Lastly, you should avoid heat styling gadgets such as straightening and curling tools, etc. it may lead to serious harm to your hair health.
Seventh, you should protect your hair from a harsh environment. Direct sunlight or Uv rays radiation will damage our hair follicles and make our hair brittle and dull. You should keep a cap or a scarf on your head to safeguard your hair from direct sunlight. Air pollution is also a major cause of hair loss. It damages our hair more frequently than any other reason.
Eighth, having a healthy lifestyle impacts positively on our hair health. So, it is very important to have a balanced nutritious diet and an exercise routine in our daily life. A balanced diet helps keep our doshas balanced and the right exercise detoxifies our body through sweating. You can include yoga, cycling, Zumba dance, running, or brisk walking in your daily life, it will keep you healthy and also combat your stress, and give peace to your mind. You should ensure that your food includes essential nutrients for hair growth like Vitamins A, B, C, D, E & K and minerals such as zinc, iron and protein.
To strengthen your hair, you should follow the above hair care regimen. This is the best hair care routine to get healthy and shiny hair. Just follow the guidelines that are mentioned above and protect your hair from dust and pollution. Ayurvedic therapies to control hair fall are the natural and safest way to get healthy hair.
Best ayurvedic medicine for hair growth
There are many medicines available in the market for hair loss prevention and hair regrowth. But, they are not so trustworthy as some may cause side effects on our body or some may have harmful chemical elements in them. They used to give an instant shine and bouncy hair but if we talk about the long term, they damage our hair.
Ayurvedic hair care products are the best hair care products as they are so effective in maintaining our hair health and protecting our hair from further damage. They don’t contain any chemical elements that may be harsh to our hair. It also balances our doshas and gives a soothing impact on our scalp and hair. They are made up of all natural herbal ingredients that provide you healthy and shiny hair without any further complications.
Ayurvedic Kesh Sneha Hair Care Herbal Oil for Hair Fall Treatment helps in hair fall, split ends, and dandruff. It deeply nourishes our scalp and hair roots and promotes healthy, smooth, and shiny hair. It improves hair quality and maintains the natural colour and luster of the hair. It relieves stress and calms the mind and the best thing about this hair oil is it promotes restful sleep. Ayurvedic medicine online with contains no artificial flavours.
Kesh Sneha Hair Care Oil is the one and complete solution to all your hair problems. This product has precisely been formulated to cater to all of your hair care needs. Kesh Sneha Hair Care Oil is the ayurvedic hair oil for hair growth. After using this hair care product, you can rest assured about your hair. It works on all hair types such as straight, wavy, and kinky curly, Our product is herbal and rich in natural ingredients such as-
- Jatamasi – It is converted into a paste and applied to the scalp to promote hair growth in people with baldness.
- Giloy – Its antioxidant properties can solve hair problems and maintain hair health.
- Shankh pushpi – It has multiple benefits: prevents premature greying of hair, controls hair fall, and helps in hair growth.
- Brahmi – It provides hair strength and nourishment through the scalp and prevents split ends at the tip of the hair.
- Bhringraj – It prevents hair fall, treats dandruff and hair scalp, and repairs hair damage.
- Mulethi – It effectively increases blood circulation in the scalp and hair follicles.
- Kapoor kachri – It helps in stimulating hair growth.
- Methi – It prevents hair loss, revives damaged hair, fights dandruff, and provides shine and a soft texture to your hair.
- Gunja – It facilitates hair regrowth.
- Amla – It helps reduce premature hair loss and maintains healthy hair.
- Til oil – It protects hair from harmful UV rays, treats head lice, soothes hair damaged from heat and dryness, and prevents hair fall due to stress.
Kesh Sneha Hair Care Oil is an ayurvedic herbal oil made up of rich and natural ingredients that are effective in treating hair loss and promoting hair growth.
Ayurveda works on the principle of detoxing, rejuvenating, and balancing out all three bodily energies. As we earlier established, hair problems are generally related to elevated Pitta dosha. But, it is also important to balance out all the doshas. As one of the doshas gets imbalanced, it may affect other doshas. To balance out Tridoshas, you should try and follow all the ayurvedic remedies for hair fall. You can limit your hair problems forever by following the ayurvedic treatment for hair loss and regrowth and avoiding those foods that encourage hair fall and following the best Ayurvedic hair care routine, having a balanced nutritious diet, and doing exercise regularly. Taking these simple and easy steps may prevent your hair problems and help in hair regrowth. Try to follow the above steps to get smooth and healthy hair.