Do you know what arthritis means? What are the causes of arthritis, what and how many people suffer from arthritis, what are the types of arthritis found in people, best remedies for arthritis? The answer to all your queries is present here in this blog.
Arthritis condition is a serious health concern from which most people suffer. People want easy, best, and yet instant treatment in a busy and fast life, which might be possible but not satisfactory. Here enters ayurveda– the satisfactory and natural treatment!
Ayurveda is a natural & oldest Indian holistic medicinal system that believes in balancing the mind, body, and soul. Getting treated with ayurvedic medicines and ayurvedic remedies is the panacea solution to various serious health concerns. Moreover, it is better and more effective than allopathic treatment, which might give you instant relief but not treat you holistically and properly.
What do you mean by arthritis?
Arthritis is a chronic inflammatory disorder or condition where the person finds swelling, stiffness, and pain, especially in the joint section, which typically worsens with age. In some conditions in which arthritis occurs, other body parts such as the eyes, heart, or skin can also be affected. There are mainly two types of arthritis seen in the human body osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
Types of Arthritis
Some of you might have heard of people suffering from joint pains? Joint pains are the major symptom of arthritis. There are 200 different types of arthritis or musculoskeletal conditions. They are divided into seven main sections.
1. Osteoarthritis : Osteoarthritis is also known as degenerative arthritis and is the most common type of arthritis found affecting millions of people. In the state of Osteoarthritis, the protective cartilage of your body that cushions the ends of the bones breaks down over time. It can damage any joint, but it specifically affects/attacks on knees, hands, hips, and spine.
2. Rheumatoid Arthritis : Following osteoarthritis, it is also a common arthritis condition. The body’s immune system affects its tissue, incorporating joints resulting in inflammation in the joint linings. In severe or adverse cases, it may affect internal organs.
3. Juvenile Arthritis : It is also known as childhood arthritis. It is the most common type of arthritis found in children under 16. Juvenile idiopathic arthritis or juvenile rheumatoid arthritis can cause permanent physical damage to the joints resulting in stiffness, pain, and swelling.
4. Fibromyalgia : It is the condition where a person feels pain all over the body (widespread pain), causing sleep disorders, emotional & mental stress, and fatigue. People with fibromyalgia are more pain-sensitive than any other arthritis condition.
5. Gout : It is the most common inflammatory and painful arthritis. It generally affects/attacks one joint at a time. This condition creates confusion in the victims as, at times, there are no symptoms known as remissions, and sometimes it gets worse, known as flares. It can cause redness, irritation, swelling, intense pain & heat around your lesser toe, knee, joints, and ankle.
6. Lupus : It is a common autoimmune chronic disease found in all ages that can damage any body organ. It is more common among women of childbearing age (15-44). It is also called systemic lupus erythematosus. It results in pain & inflammation throughout your body, from your joints to organs, to the brain.
7. Psoriatic Arthritis : In this condition, people have inflammation of the skin(psoriasis) & joints ( arthritis). It causes patchy, raised, red & white areas of inflamed skin with scales. It generally affects the tips of the knees & elbows, the navel, the scalp, and skin around the private areas or anus.
Physical Therapies for Arthritis
Doctors or specialists advise certain therapies that can heal your arthritis. Here are some of the physical therapies for arthritis:
- Warm water therapy: One of the best therapy. One needs to exercise in a warm-water pool. The water facilitates weight and places less pressure on the joints & muscles.
- Physical therapy: Set exercises customized to the condition and personal needs, sometimes formed with sedative healings such as hot or ice packs and massage.
- Occupational therapy: practical guidance on leading everyday tasks, selecting individualized equipment and aids, safeguarding the joints from further damage, and coping fatigue.
Home Remedies for Arthritis, Knee and Joint Pain
Ayurvedic remedies are 100% natural, free from chemicals, and good for your body. Ayurvedic home remedies are the best home remedy for joint pain and knee pain. Here are some of the ayurvedic remedies essential to treat your arthritis. Every arthritis has a different treatment, but ayurvedic remedies can assure you to heal your arthritis condition completely. Therefore, you can find the best ayurvedic treatment for rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis.
Carom seeds (Ajwain)
It is the best natural aid to arthritis pain due to its anti-inflammatory compounds—the anesthetic properties inside ajwain help in relieving the excessive pain and swelling.
Take carom seeds, crush them and make their paste. Once the paste gets ready, start applying to affected areas to alleviate pain.
In a tub of hot water(it should not be too hot), put some carom seeds (ajwain), soak your aching or swelling joints in the tub, and continue till 5-10 minutes. It will give you a soothing and relieving effect and reduces ache and swelling.
Ginger is one of the best medicinal herbs that have anti-inflammatory & antiseptic properties to reduce pain, swelling, and bloating. It also improves blood circulation, which brings heat to affected areas.
You can drink ginger tea or apply the ginger paste to your affected areas like joints. Or use it as an essential oil to massage your affected areas.
Nirgundi is a medicinal herb and a perfect mixture of various essential properties such as anti-convulsing, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant that helps relieve pain and swelling. This medicinal plant is bitter but contains potent benefits.
Apply nirgundi oil to the joints and massage gently
Or make it a paste of the nirgundi leaves and apply it to affected joints.
Dashmool is a medicinal herb formulated with potent properties such as antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, sedative, and analgesic that helps in healing joint pain and swelling.
You can massage with Dashmool oil on your affected joints, and it is also available in powder form.
Shallaki is also a medicinal sage that provides healing to joint pains and swelling. Shallaki is the best and natural alternative to modern-day natural pain killers.
You can massage with Shallaki oil. it is best knee pain treatment at home, and it is also available in powder form.
Ayukarma Ayurveda is the broader term and aids in treating various health concerns. Ayurvedic therapies and home remedies for knee pain and joints are easy and safe to adapt in your life. Suppose you want to know more about ayurvedic medicines for arthritis. In that case, you can try Sandi Joint karma yog medicines for treating your joints and knee pain and Sandi karma ayurvedic paralysis massage oil. It is an effective and 100% natural treatment to cure arthritis and joint & knee pain without any side effects.