What exactly diabetes is?
Diabetes is a disease that happens when your blood glucose is really high. Having so much glucose in your blood can cause serious health-related problems. However, diabetes doesn’t have any particular cure, but you can always take steps to control the disease and also stay healthy.
Sometimes people say diabetes is “a touch of sugar.” This term suggests that someone doesn’t really have diabetes or has a less serious case of diabetes, but every case of diabetes is serious. Diabetes occurs when the body is not able to take up the glucose into its cells and use it for boosting energy. This sugar results in a build-up of extra sugar in your bloodstream.
Uncontrolled diabetes can lead to serious problems and consequences and can cause damage to your body's organs and tissues – including the heart, kidneys, eyes, and nerves.
Types Of Diabetes
There are mainly four types of diabetes, and the most common types of diabetes are -
Type 1 Diabetes
Type 1 diabetes is mostly diagnosed in children, and it is comparatively less common than type 2. In this type, your pancreas does not secrete enough. In this state, you have to take a substitute for that and take injections all your life. It’s unclear what causes this attack. But around 10% of people with diabetes have this type of diabetes.
Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a common one. Type-2 diabetes is commonly found in adults who are above 40 or so. It is called adult-onset diabetes mellitus. This condition arises when your body secretes but cannot use it properly. It is also called diabetes mellitus. Type 2 diabetes can develop at any age, even in childhood also. However, this type of diabetes happens most often in middle-aged and older people.
Type 3 Diabetes
Alzheimer's disease is most common in people above the age of 65. It is a continuing neuro disorder where the brain shrinks and brains cells die. It slowly destroys the memory and thinking skills of a person. Alzheimer’s is the common cause of dementia. It affects the person’s ability to function independently.
Type 4 Diabetes
Type 4 diabetes is most common in old age people who are not overweight or obese. This type of diabetes is a proposed name for diabetes caused by insulin resistance.
What health problems can people with diabetes develop?
There are various complications that a person with diabetes has to face.
- Eye problems- Various people with diabetes can develop an eye disease known as diabetic retinopathy that can affect their eyesight
- Strokes and Heart Attack - Diabetes patients have high blood pressure levels that are capable of damaging the blood vessels, which sometimes can lead to strokes and heart attacks.
- Kidney Disorders - Diabetes can make kidneys infections and can make it harder to clear excess fluid and waste from your body. This can happen due to high blood pressure and high blood sugar levels.
- Nerve Damage- People with diabetes may develop nerve damage because of the complications of high blood sugar levels. This can make it harder for the nerves to carry messages between the brain and other parts of the body so that it can affect how we see, hear, feel and move.
Various home remedies for treating diabetes
Diabetes can be controlled by making various diet and lifestyle changes. Here are some natural home remedies that will help you keep your high sugar levels in control.
- Indian Gooseberry - It is also called amla and is one of the richest sources of vitamin C. You can consume raw amla regularly or mix a tablespoon of amla juice with a cup of bitter gourd juice and drink it daily.
- Fenugreek - This herb is always present in the Indian kitchen and has several benefits. Fenugreek is known to keep diabetes in check by improving glucose tolerance, stimulating insulin secretion, and lowering blood sugar levels. Soak two tablespoons of the seeds in water overnight and drink it the next morning with an empty stomach. This will help in reducing your glucose levels.
- Aloe Vera - Used for its medicinal properties, aloe vera decreases high blood sugar levels in diabetes. Daily Consumption of aloe vera helps attain better blood glucose levels and reduces body fat levels. Consuming two tablespoons of aloe juice every day will help you gain all the benefits.
- Cinnamon - Various studies have shown that cinnamon positively impacts blood glucose levels and cholesterol levels. Consuming one milligram of cinnamon helps in increasing insulin sensitivity.
- Drumsticks - have essential medical benefits that can help control blood sugar levels and treat type 2 diabetes. Drumsticks are rich in vitamin C and antioxidants. Cut the pieces and put them in a jug full of water, and sip it whenever you want to.
Diet plan for diabetes
A person with diabetes should follow a healthy and fruitful diet. They can enjoy a healthful, varied diet that helps manage their blood sugar levels. This type of diet involves:
- A person should maintain the proteins, carbohydrates, and fats to meet the dietary needs.
- They should measure portions accurately.
- A person should balance carbohydrate intake and the use of insulin and other medications.
- A person with diabetes should consume plenty of fiber to help manage blood sugar levels and reduce the risk of high cholesterol, cardiovascular disease, weight gain, and other health problems.
- People with diabetes should limit processed carbohydrates and foods with added sugars such as cookies, sodas, and candies, which are more likely to cause a sugar spear than whole grains and vegetables.
Exercises that diabetes patients should do
Walking - Walking is a good exercise for diabetes patients as it will help in keeping the overall body fit and healthy. And for this, you also don’t need to buy any expensive types of equipment. You just need socks and a pair of shoes, and you are good to go.
Swimming - Aquatic activities give a joint-friendly exercise option. For example, activities like swimming, aqua jogging, water aerobics, and other various aquatic activities give your heart, muscles, and lungs a workout with a little stress on your joints.
Yoga - Yoga can help people with diabetes in managing their blood sugar, weight, and cholesterol levels. It may also help reduce your blood pressure, boost your mood, and improve your sleep quality.
Aerobics - Women with type 2 diabetes are motivated to exercise after taking part in Zumba classes. As it helps in keeping the overall body healthy.
These are various exercises that help in controlling diabetes. Other than this, there are more exercises that will help control diabetes.
Ayurvedic medicine for diabetes
Going by the old texts, the Diabetes Treatments in Ayurveda includes Panchkarma treatment, herbal medications, its different processes, and many more. Although the method opted for the treatment depends on the seriousness of the individual's condition.
Prameh Vinashini Yog Natural Ayurvedic diabetes Capsules For Blood Sugar Level help to treat diabetes. It Improves insulin production and reverses insulin resistance. This medicine is rich in antioxidants which help in restoring health in diabetics. This ayurvedic medicine is 100% natural with no added preservatives, flavors, and artificial colors. It doesn’t have any side effects also.
Ingredients that this medicine contains
Prameh Vinashini Yog diabetes Capsules are rich in herbs. It is an amazing combination of natural herbs and ingredients such as.
Shuddh shilajit – Gives you unbound power, strength, and stamina.
Gudmar – Has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that help in effectively managing type 2 diabetes.
Neem – Neem leaf is loaded with flavonoids, triterpenoids, anti-viral compounds, and glycosides. This natural herb helps in managing your blood sugar levels.
Bakayan – This herb helps to manage blood sugar levels in your body.
Jamun – It helps increase insulin levels in the body and is also good in treating type 2 diabetes.
Pathani lodh – This herb helps reduce the breakdown of starch into glucose and thus leads to low blood glucose levels.
Bilva – It helps regulate insulin production from the cells in to the bloodstream.
Karela – effectively reduces the blood glucose levels in type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
Ayurvedic medicine for diabetes can treat all the problems that a diabetic person faces, like muscle weakness, exhaustion, sugar metabolism, and many others. Since ayurvedic medicines are 100 percent natural, there are no side effects which means diabetic patients also can lead wholesome and happy lives.